The Pathfinder Second Edition Beginner Box has all the core elements that someone might need to jump into the game and get started on their own, without having to do a deep dive into the massive core rulebook.
Here is what is included in the box:
– An 80-page Hero’s Handbook, including rules for character generation, a solo adventure, skills, spells, and equipment.
– A 96-page Game Master’s Handbook, containing an introductory adventure, over 20 pages of monsters, rules for building your own adventure, and magic items.
– 4 premade characters so you can jump right into the action and four blank character sheets if you want to make your own hero.
– Over 100 character and monster pawns to use on the full-color double-sided adventure map.
Four game reference cards to help players remember their actions.
– A complete set of polyhedral dice.